Thursday, February 10, 2011
Saturday, May 30, 2009
The plaster was torn down to allow for actual insulation, rather than the wood shaving and hydrated lime combination we found behind some walls. And of course we added new wiring and plumbing.
This is the hall but gives you an idea of the demo (good times!).
We have had the house partially finished for five years and now we are trying to complete one room at a time. Of course the paint needed to be refreshed, perfect time to choose new colors.
This is an old headboard I bought at a yard sale, getting ready to paint.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
the side door step turned out to be larger than anyone ever thought. Originally the plan was to reuse it as a door step when it arrived at it's new location but that never happened.
The step sat in the side yard for years with weeds growing up around it and last year we finally finished the landscaping on the side yard. My plan was to use it as a step in a flower bed. Since last fall we have had a step at the bottom of our side yard, I'm sure it raised some interest with the neighbours!! This weekend we finally planted a perennial bed around it. My husband is going to make me an arbour to go over the step and I still need some more shrubs. Fall clearance I think.
a few more pics...
The new bed is to the right of the house, we over look a river in the back. This is our deck my husband started to build last summer, hopefully it will get finished this summer. Our dogs really enjoy the deck....Spaniel sunbathing!
Well that was this weekends project, hopefully by next week the spare room will be back together for some pictures. Thanks for stopping by have a great week.